The .書籍 registry will benefit registrants and internet users by offering a stable and secure foundation for online communication and interaction.
What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of specialty, service levels or reputation?
Amazon intends for its new .書籍 gTLD to provide a unique and dedicated platform for stable and secure online communication and interaction. The .書籍 registry will be run in line with current industry standards of good registry practice.
What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space in terms of competition, differentiation or innovation?
Amazon values the opportunity to be one of the first companies to own a gTLD. A .書籍 registry will:
• Provide Amazon with additional controls over its technical architecture, offering a stable and secure foundation for online communication and interaction.
• Provide Amazon a further platform for innovation.
• Enable Amazon to protect its intellectual property rights.
Amazon intends for its new .書籍 gTLD to provide a unique and dedicated platform for stable and secure online communication and interaction.
Provide a complete description of the applicant’s intended registration policies in support of the goals above
Amazon’s Intellectual Property group will be responsible for the development, maintenance and enforcement of a Domain Management Policy. The Domain Management Policy will define (i) the rules associated with eligibility and domain name allocation, (ii) the license terms governing the use of a .書籍 domain name, and (iii) the dispute resolution policies for the .書籍 gTLD. Amazon will continually update the Domain Management Policy as needed to reflect Amazon’s business goals and, where appropriate, ICANN consensus policies.
Registration of a domain name in the .書籍 registry will be undertaken in four steps: (i) Eligibility Confirmation, (ii) Naming Convention Check, (iii) Acceptable Use Review, and (iv) Registration. All domains in the .書籍 registry will remain the property of Amazon.
For example, on the rules of eligibility, each applied for character string must conform to the .書籍 rules of eligibility. Each .書籍 name must:
• be at least 3 characters and no more than 63 characters long
• not contain a hyphen on the 3rd and 4th position (tagged domains)
• contain only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens or a combination of these
• start and end with an alphanumeric character, not a hyphen
• not match any character strings reserved by ICANN
• not match any protected country names or geographical terms
• Internationalized domain names (IDN) may be supported in the .書籍 registry at the second level.
• The .書籍 registry will respect third party intellectual property rights.
• .書籍 domains may not be delegated or assigned to third party organizations, institutions, or individuals.
• All .書籍 domains will carry accurate and up-to-date registration records.
Amazon’s Intellectual Property group reserves the right to revoke a license to use a .書籍 domain name, at any time, if any use of a .書籍 domain name violates the Domain Management Policy.
Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy of confidential information of registrants or users?
Yes. Amazon will implement appropriate privacy policies respecting requirements of local jurisdictions. For example, Amazon is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union.
Describe whether and in what ways outreach and communications will help to achieve your projected benefits?
There is no foreseeable reason for Amazon to undertake public outreach or mass communication about its new gTLD registry because domains will be provisioned in line with Amazon’s business goals.