Over 110 Years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated himself, fair and square. Today rooted in its rich heritage, jcpenney is one of Americas leading retailers, operating over 1,100 Stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the internet jcp.com, which is able to ship orders to over 80 countries around the world. In 2011 Internet sales through jcp.com totaled $1.5 billion. Serving more than half of the families in America each year, jcpenney offers a wide array of private, exclusive and national brands which reflects the Company’s vision to be Americas Favorite Store.
The proposed .jcp gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding jcpenney’s ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for customers and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing⁄advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom jcpenney has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• improve the customer online experience by enabling direct navigation to a specific brand, merchandise category and⁄or shopping experience
• demonstrate commitment to protecting customer privacy and confidential information online;
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands.