Mission of the .CLUB TLD
The mission of the .CLUB TLD is to be the designated namespace for all individuals, groups, businesses, organizations, and other entities that engage in commercial or non-commercial activities related to the creation, promotion, and ongoing existence of clubs of all varieties.
18(a).2 Value Proposition of the .CLUB TLD
The .CLUB TLD is the online standard for clubs of all varieties, as well as club related products and services.
18(a).3 The Purpose of .CLUB
The .CLUB TLD will be an Internet space that facilitates the creation and ongoing function of the wide variety of operations and organizations that can be called ‘clubs’. This will be accomplished by means of, but not limited to, websites, social networks, email, and other technologies. MLG will be adapting and broadening the scale and scope of these activities to ensure the successful launch of the .CLUB TLD.
MLG has a plan to develop, build, and sustain a unique value proposition for the .CLUB TLD, and a marketing strategy to ensure that the maximum number of people and organizations are aware of how a .CLUB domain can enhance their value proposition or other goals and purposes. A .CLUB domain will provide a competitive advantage to registrants through a multitude of scenarios. MLG’s delivery of the .CLUB value proposition will provide an additional incentive for registrants acquiring .CLUB domains to leverage their resources and capabilities and develop their unique place on the World Wide Web.
MLG believes in being nimble, flexible, and well funded, with a long term vision for the .CLUB TLD. We have the ingenuity and partnerships to market and develop .CLUB in a manner that:
(1) quickly establishes a base of .CLUB registrants that will immediately utilize their .CLUB domain name to provide Internet users with club related information, products, and services;
(2) preserves the integrity and promotes the development of various country and region specific .CLUB domains through accredited organizations;
(3) establishes customers who will immediately derive value from a .CLUB TLD;
(4) protects registered trademark holders without undue cost to them;
(5) builds and protects the value proposition of the .CLUB TLD;
(6) ensures the continued development of the .CLUB TLD through competition and innovation; and
(7) leverages assets, resources, and competencies to effectively and efficiently establish a registration base from target registrant markets and all other members of the global community and public who can benefit from an ever expanding .CLUB TLD.
MLG affirms that the Internet is a transformative technology that continues to empower people around the globe, spur innovation, facilitate trade and commerce, and enable the free and unfettered flow of information. MLG envisions .CLUB domains to be registered and used by anyone who is interested in communicating about clubs or providing club related products and services. .CLUB domain registrations will not be restricted and everyone will have an opportunity to register a .CLUB domain name.
The introduction of a .CLUB TLD offers numerous benefits and opportunities to anyone that engages in activities related to the creation or ongoing existence of a club of any sort, as well as benefits and opportunities to the online community in general. MLG will work closely with CentralNic and Internet registrars to implement a focused marketing strategy with an emphasis on ensuring that the existing club community adopts and builds on the .CLUB foundation in addition to attracting new and innovative registrants to the TLD. MLG is committed to fostering competition, consumer trust, and consumer choice within the .CLUB TLD Internet space and the broader global marketplace. MLG and its partners understand the intrinsic value, rarity, and non-imitability of the .CLUB TLD and have the expertise, strategy, and capacity to ensure the successful establishment and growth of the .CLUB TLD. Through our goals, policies, and operating rules, MLG is committed to managing the .CLUB TLD in a manner that maximizes benefits and mitigates costs for all stakeholders.