- New gTLD database
Everything you wanted to know about the IGF...
by Joanna Witt | 5 Jun 2012 |
What is the IGF? And what does it actually do? Here's what you need to know.
- The IGF is an open forum that has no members.
- It was established by the World Summit on the Information Society in November2005.
- It is financed through voluntary contributions.
- It's the leading global multi-stakeholder forum on public policy issues related to Internet governance.
- Its inaugural meeting took place in Athens, Greece in from 30 October-2 November 2006.
- Host countries bear most of the expenses of the annual meeting.
- It supports Article 19 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.